Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Mission Team

Jack McAllister














"This photo of me is from before my hair turned grey, and other anatomical changes, in front of the Selian Lutheran Hospital and the Arusha Lutheran Medical center logo with his esteemed colleague, Dr Paul Kisanga, chief of surgery and director of clinical services. 
  The health care in Arusha has been my main mission focus for 28 years. I have witnessed the work of our Lord in that land.  The grace of God as seen in the love and compassionate care of the sick ,injured and dying people of Tanzania  . I have met saints in the flesh.  I will take such joy in sharing that witness with my fellow travelers. 
  My friends on this trip will be humbled, amazed and  touched by what the Holy Spirit has done and is doing in Northern Tanzania. Hopefully they will find words to share their experiences with you the reader"



Daniel Milam 
"I'm going on this trip, because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It is an amazing chance to experience how other people live their lives across the world. Africa is an exciting place filled with rich culture and beautiful landscapes. This is a place that I feel God has driven me to go to, to really get a whole new perspective on life. This trip will put images in my head, that most people back home will never be able to see. I hope to come back from this trip with a whole new outlook on life, and a journey that I will never forget."



Wayne and Jennifer LaFollette

"Wayne and Jennifer recently celebrated their twelfth wedding anniversary and are the parents of two boys--Evan (9) and Luke (5).  We have always loved traveling and have found it wonderful to take a significant trip every few years to unplug from our hectic daily lives and to experience new things.  I've always wanted to travel to Africa, and we have been sponsoring a student at the MGLSS for a couple of years.  When the opportunity for this trip arose, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to combine our love of travel, adventure, nature, and church."  

The mission Team also includes Pastor David Young, Urve Crowder, and Bob and Terri Hollingsworth and Reann Cummings.


The team will take quilts made by members of Bethel Lutheran as gifts for mission partners in Tanzania.


2 comments:

  1. Have a safe and wonderful trip everyone. We will be following your posts and looking forward to lots of pictures. Sending you lots of love and prayers, Dina Hollingsworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you all made it safely!
    This is an awesome thing you are doing!
    And, a wonderful experience!
    Be safe and enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete